Live in the US for up to 18 months!

Manny's Sweet Treats launched a Trainee Intern Program and is working with IENA (International Exchange of North America) which allows foreigners to live in the US for up to 18 months and learn new skills directly related to their professional experience.

The program is an excellent opportunity to build upon the skills and knowledge you already have and learn new skills to take home with you at the end of the program. And, of course, you'll be able to experience American culture up close and personal.

IENA will support the applicant through the visa process and would also be your resource in the US for the duration of your stay.

If the applicant is selected for a video interview, his/her/they application will remain active for any future training program or opportunities.

Do not call a Manny's Sweet Treats location asking for updates on your application. We will send an email letting you know if you move to the next face. Failure to follow any guidelines is automatic application rejection.

There is only a $5 non-refundable fee to process your application. Once the application fee is processed you will get a link that will redirect you to the application and assessment pages.

Summer Session Timeline
Non-Refundable Application Fee $5
September 2022 to September 2023

  • August 1, 2022 - Deadline - Submission of Application
  • Mid - August 2022 - Resume Revision
  • Late - August 2022 - Phone Interview
  • First Week of September 2022 - Video Interview
  • Second Week of September 2022 - In-Person Interview
  • Last Week of September 2022 - Acceptance to Program
Spring Session Timeline
Non-Refundable Application Fee $5
Late Application Fee $10 - After October 1, 2022

  • April 2023 to October 2024
  • November 1, 2022 - Deadline - Submission of Applicatio
  • Mid - November 2022 - Resume Revision
  • Late - November 2022 - Phone Interview
  • First Week of December 2022 - Video Interview
  • Second Week of January 2023 - In-Person Interview
  • Mid - January 2023 - Acceptance to Program
Application and Fees

On-Site Learning with American Employers

We’re looking for applicants that want to experience on-site learning with American employers. This is not an employment program, so you should be serious about learning new skills or building on skills you already have in your field of education or work experience. It would help if you also had a plan for how you intend to integrate your American experience into your future career when you return home.

Here are specific requirements for Trainees:


  • Must be less than 30 years old.
  • Must have graduated from a post-secondary institution outside of the United States, plus at least one-year degree related to full-time work experience.
  • If you do not have a Bachelor’s degree, you must have at least five years of full-time restaurant and hospitality experience.
  • Proposed J-1 training does not duplicate previously completed work or training.
  • Sufficient English-speaking skills to fully benefit from the training and cultural opportunities in the United States.
  • Can demonstrate how the training will be used upon return to your home country.
  • Can demonstrate intent to return to your home country.
  • Will be available for interviews outside the US in person and by video conference.
  • Housing is provided.
  • Airfare to the United States is provided.
  • Food is provided during working days.
  • Must complete all assessments.
Travel Information

Documentation & On the Move in the US

Manny’s Sweet Treats will guide you through your process of opening a bank account and getting your social security and driver’s license.

Aim to live close to where you work. Walking and biking allows you to get to know your neighborhood and city. You will stay physically active and save on transportation costs. For longer trips, try public transportation in your area or rideshare services like Uber, Lyft, a taxi or trains.

SEVIS Reporting Contact Us


Participants will arrange their own transportation to and from the US, and to their housing/destination Check with your recruiter for information on flight deals.



If your employer doesn’t have a shuttle, you may be able to arrange public transportation to/from the airport to your destination. Ask IENA or your recruiter for help in identifying public transportation options.

Participant Resources

What to See in the USA

  • Sporting events
  • Museums
  • Historical sites
  • Oceans, lakes, and rivers
  • National/state/local parks and recreation areas
  • Major cities/nearby cities
  • Festivals
  • Concerts
  • Amusement/water parks

SEVIS Validation & Survey

The following SEVIS Validation Information is for Exchange Visitors who are sponsored by IENA ONLY and participating in our Trainee Intern Program.

If the Sponsor listed on your DS-2019 is not IENA, please STOP and contact your sponsor.

Validate Your Information Here

Report your arrival and validate your U.S. address

On-line validation is not yet available. After you arrive in the U.S., IENA will contact you by email with instructions for reporting your U.S. address.


At the end of each training phase, both you and your immediate supervisor are required to submit an evaluation showing that you have successfully complete the phase. Don’t worry, IENA will send you a reminder by email to complete the survey.

Frequently Asked Questions


We know traveling to a new country for work can raise a lot of questions. Check out our useful FAQs or reach out with questions

Contact Us
The T / IPP, DS-7002, and training plan are all the same document. The T / IPP is a required document, signed by you, the host site, and IENA, which outlines the overall training program and what you will learn in the U.S. at the host site.

When it comes to social media and American culture, there are a few things you need to be aware of.

Manny’s Sweet Treats will withdraw a program offered to participants due to things we might have deemed inappropriate and found on social media. Please be aware of how you portray yourself. You are going to America in a professional capacity, and your public presence should reflect that. We highly recommend that you make all your social media private. Remember, even someone else tags you in or photos someone else posts of you can have an impression on a host site’s impression of you.

Each host site will have its own set of rules regarding social media.

You, your host site, and IENA put a lot of work into creating an internship or training program that meets your specific goals and objectives. Because we put in the work to ensure that you will learn new skills and experience the American workplace, problems are minimal. If you have any concerns about your program, contact IENA and we will work with you and the host site to solve any issues. In rare cases changing host sites is necessary. In these cases, IENA will assist you every step of the way.

Second jobs are not permitted.

You are going to hear several terms for different forms etc. during the process. Here is our IENAipedia to those forms:

The J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: This J-1 Visa is a government program that allows qualified students and young professionals to share their cultures and ideas with the people of the United States. This program is run by the US Department of State. Visit this website for more information.

DS-2019 Form: This form can only be issued by a US Department of State designated visa sponsor. IENA is one of those. It certifies that you are eligible to take part in the cultural exchange program and is a vital part of the application process. You will need it for your embassy appointment AND you will need it when you enter into the USA. Guard it as you would guard your passport.

SEVIS Receipt (or SEVIS I-901 Receipt): SEVIS stands for “Student and Exchange Visitor Information System.” It is a system by which the US Department of State keeps track of you on the program. You will need this form when you visit the embassy for your visa interview.

Social Security: The US Government requires all employees to apply for a Social Security Number. Your host site supervisor will help you do this upon your arrival, however, you MUST validate your arrival via your IENA account BEFORE you can apply. Once done, you will need to visit the local Social Security office. You must obtain a Social Security Card. If you already have one, then that’s yours for life.

Form I-9: All employees, foreign and domestic, are required to complete this form. It is a straightforward form and you will need your passport (including J-1 Visa) and your DS-2019. Your employer will help you complete this.

Form I-94: This is your arrival and departure record. It is a good idea to print this when you get settled and keep it with you. You cannot print it until after you have arrived in the USA. It can be printed here

W-4: This form is for tax purposes. Your host site may withhold a small amount of taxes from your salary. You ARE entitled to claim some of this back because you are not a resident of the USA. IENA partner with taxback.com to make claiming back the taxes as simple as possible

The USA is a vast country. People say that every state is almost like a country with its own culture and compare it to Europe. Here are some handy tools to help you:

Don't Miss This Opportunity

Join one of the best work and travel programs today!